Viewing pornography has skyrocketed with the internet. No longer does one have to walk up to a counter and purchase an adult magazine or video with a real, live human being, all the while worrying about being seen. The internet has made it easy.
In 2003, a conference of Matrimonial Lawyers cited pornography addiction as one of the primary causes in 2 out of 3 divorces.
The first step in healing is willingness. The willingness to look at oneself honestly makes it possible to begin the journey to freedom.
Take five minutes to answer the following questions.
- Do you think about sex more often than you would like?
- Do sexual thoughts interfere with your ability to concentrate at work or at school?
- Have you ever promised yourself that you would never again view pornography?
- Would you rather masturbate than be sexual with your partner?
- Has an important relationship in your life ended because you wouldn’t stop viewing pornography?
If you answered yes to at least two of the questions, it is likely that you would benefit from individual or group therapy to stop your pornography viewing. So now what?
The next step requires the courage to take action. It is time to come out of the shadows of pornography addiction. You are not alone. There is help.
Escape the bondage of your pornography habit with at least one of these three effective solutions:
- Support Groups such as Sex Addicts Anonymous
- Spiritual direction with a priest or minister
- Individual or Group Psychotherapy in-office or tele-counseling. We are one of the few Sexual Addiction programs in the Piedmont of North Carolina that address this devastating problem from a Christian-based perspective. This perspective is a compassionate one and one in which sexual drive and desire is valued as a vital part of who we are and who God created us to be.
Click here for more information about our Treasure in Earthen Vessels Freedom from Sexual Addiction program.
Or, Contact us for more information about our Treasure in Earthen Vessels services.
919.380.100 or click here to email us.
Taking the first step in recovery is never easy. But, the rewards will outweigh the cost. Take back your life, your family, your marriage. Experience the love and forgiveness the journey of sexual addiction recovery brings.